piątek, 23 listopada 2018

Change of plans, folks.

What's up everybody?

I am slowly recovering from Christmas fever, although festive playlist is still on on my Spotify, but hey, one thing at a time, right?

A lot things happened this week that made me rethink the subject of my BA thesis. I came to a conclusion that analyzing female characters in political TV series is not a good idea, eventually. Why? In large part because I am not a feminist and I don't think I'll ever be. It appears to me that this is a huge obstacle, I mean, writing about something and not feeling it fully. Of course, I could come up with many arguments in favour of this subject but what's the point? I want my BA thesis to be about matters I stand for.

That is why, I want to tell you about something that really, really inspired me. Namely, our litrature class and the novel, "The New Atlantis", that  totally spoke to me. As I told you during our class on Monday, I am really into books or movies that picture the issue of totalitarian system which actually looks copletely different in every book I've read or movie I've watched. The goal is, obviously, the same- to control people and their actions. In the case of "New Atlantis", the regime attacks a "thing" that make people most powerful and united- the family. Marriages are forbidden, women must undergo compulsury abortion, divorces are seen as something exemplary along with sex orgies. However, the most striking and extremely touching thing about all of this is the response of people that are to live in such system. I was literally moved by the resistance they display and hope that never leaves them. While for many of you this novel is rather pessimistic, for me it is a representation of hope for better future, in the shape of this new land that arises along the line. The novel emphasises the fact that there are always people who fight back and remain faithful to their values.

Ursula le Guin wrote a very up to date novel. Much of the content is a reflection of what is going on in today's America, and world in general. For example, exlpoitation, environmental damage, sea level rise, the issue of woman and, in my opinion, less and less favorable conditions for having large family.

To sum up, hello confusion, my old friend. I am trying to figure out how to turn all of this into some consistent thesis. Yea, good luck with that. I am a hundred percent sure that next week I will write about another brilliant idea that I would like to turn into my BA thesis.

Anyway, I hope that you are better off with your dissertation.

Have a nice weekend and see you all on Monday! 😊


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz