niedziela, 16 grudnia 2018

Tolkien confirmed.

Yes, that is right. Next to America Herself Tolkien will be definitely the main focus of my BA thesis. However, due to help of our supervisor, I will broach completely different subject than I wrote about in my last post. "Tolkien's letters- Englishman's stereotyped images of America" sounds full title of my thesis. You have no idea how  excited I am about this new subject. In fact, I like it much better than the previous one. 

During upcomig Christmas I will read Tolkien's Letters (primary source for my dissertation)- a book that has been standing on my shelf for two years and every time I was about to take it and read it there was something that disturbed me. In view of the fact that Tolkien actually never visited America I will try to find his perception and stereotypes of America in the letters and then maybe the reflection of this perception in "The Lord of The Rings" or other books of his. 

Possibly, you are familiar with the Facebook profile 'Elendilion- Tolkienowski Serwis Informacyjny'. If not, I strongly recommend you to check it. I've been following this profile for two or three years now and trust me, the quality of their posts is unbelievably good. People who run this news service publish some serious research that is far from amateur, To the point, I have just sent them a message asking for some help an I really hope they will answer me. 

If by any chance, you know any interesting, blogs, websites, newspapers, youtube channels concerning the topic described above, please, let me know! 

I am more than excited about writing on this particular topic. My Tolkien fever has doubled. I am actually liestening to "The Lord of The Rings" audiobook while writing this entry 😂

Cannot wait to read about your progress!

See you all tomorrow! 

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz